Logan is a residential part of the city that is really close to downtown Washington D.C.
- Funny enough when you pull up the tax records the neighborhood is often referred to as Old City II. So you can assume it has some historic homes with their historic charm.
- Logan Circle is close to both 14th and U Streets both of which have storied pasts and are home to some of today’s best DC restaurants. Also, today we are at 12th street so we are a block from Shaw which is also another great residential part of the city with more charming homes.
- For fun we decided to shoot today’s video with our newest listing, this home which is on the market for $1,099,000. The home is a 2 bedroom 1 and a half bath with an end lot and parking. It was a hot one and received four offers in a week on the market.
- The zip code 20009 also includes other neighborhoods including Adams Morgan and Columbia Heights. Logan Circle which the neighborhood derives its name from is in the zip code 20005 as well as the southern part of the neighborhood called Logan.
- It is open to debate as to where one neighborhood starts and another ends so rather than open this up to a debate we figured we would give you the data for the 20009 zip code.
- I am happy to drill down further for you. Be it a specific neighborhood, condo building or street. Just send me a message and I am happy to do that for you.
The zip code is adjacent to downtown Washington and includes a number of high-rise residential buildings. In the past year there were seven hundred sixty nine (769) condos and co-op units to trade in the 20009 zip code with an average sold price of $549,000 in thirty seven (37) days on the market. The highest sale was a three bedroom townhome style condo for $2.7M.
The 20009 zip code also includes many rowhomes and an occasional detached home. Over the past year one hundred forty six (146) rowhomes and detached homes traded at an average sales price of $1.36M in forty one (41) days on the market. The largest sale in the 20009 zip code in the past year was $4.1M for a 7 bedroom property.