Bethesda, Maryland is Matt’s hometown.
- Bethesda Maryland is an unincorporated part of Montgomery County Maryland with no official boundaries which encompasses seven zip codes and has 63,000 residents.
- It was a farming area for a long time that blossomed into a residential area with the introduction of the car.
- In the 1980’s the opening of the Bethesda Metro Station spurred Mid and High-rise residential and office development in downtown Bethesda.
- Montgomery County continues to encourage High-rise development in downtown Bethesda with continued up-zoning.
- Bethesda is home to Walter Reed Navy Medical Center, the National Institutes of Health and the Marriott Corporation.
In the seven (7) zip codes that comprise Bethesda over the past year eight hundred and sixty six (866) houses and townhomes have sold for an average sales price of $1.162 M with an average of forty four (44) days on the market. The most expense home to sell during that time was a twelve bed, fourteen bath, 33,000 sf home for $5.625M in July of 2018 in the Avenel neighborhood.
In those same seven (7) zip codes over the past year there were also three hundred nineteen (319) condominium and co-op apartments to sell averaging $433K and which were on the market for an average fifty six (56) days. The most expensive apartment to sell was for $3M for a three bed, three Bath unit at the new development Cheval Condominiums.