Alexandria is Virginia’s 7th largest city.
- Alexandria has many distinct neighborhoods such as Old town, Del Ray and Potomac Yards.
- It is well known for its historic Old Town that dates back to colonial times.
- Was named and founded during a dispute between Lord Fairfax and some local business men including George Washington’s older brother who wanted a port.
- It is not uncommon for townhome style homes to be condominium ownership not fee simple owner ship in Alexandria.
- Alexandria is seeing a wave of new luxury development along the Potomac River.
In the city of Alexandria over the past year one thousand three hundred seventy (1,370) houses and townhomes have sold for an average sales price of $789K with an average of thirty three (33) days on the market. The most expensive home to sell during that time was a four bed, four baths, 4,000 sf home for $2.875M in Old Town’s southeast quadrant on Lee Street.
Alexandria also saw over the past year one thousand four hundred twenty one (1,421) condominium and co-op apartments sell, averaging $354K and with an average thirty eight (38) days on the market. The most expensive apartment to sell was a penthouse with a large terrace for $3.1M with three bed, two bath at the Oronoco condominium building.