Matt Cheney of Washington Fine Properties gives a tour of a Modern Farmhouse in Arlington, Virginia.
- High-end homeowners have been inspired by the neutral color palette, eclectic mix of materials and the industrial accents that are the Modern Farmhouse look and are building new and renovating old homes to have this feel.
- This finely crafted 2011 Modern Farmhouse masterpiece was designed with an eye for detail and breathtaking sight-lines. Notice the handcrafted steel and oak staircase.
- This five (5) bedroom, four (4) full and one (1) half baths home is over 5,700 sf on an 11,000+ sf lot, has sun-filled rooms with large picture windows and wide plank hardwood floors and an impressive blend of Scandinavian design and contemporary flair.
- The home features a gourmet kitchen complete with stainless steel appliances, stone counters and a fourteen (14) foot island that seats eight (8). Yes, that’s right a fourteen foot island.
- The home also has an open floorplan with great flow between the family room, kitchen, dining room and living room with sweeping views and access to the double vaulted screened porch and deck.
- The master suite is also a testament to luxury with two (2) walk-in closets, yes two (2), a large bathroom with separate shower and tub and a private view overlooking the lawn