North by Northwest in Washington’s West.
- Up the hill from downtown Washington is West Northwest in the zip code 20016. Back in the day before cars and trains they often referred to areas outside of downtown as Washington County.
- Massachusetts Avenue and Wisconsin Avenue are the two main corridors running through the area and connect Washington D.C. to Bethesda, Maryland.
- Want to be ten (10) minutes from the city and Georgetown? Looking for beautiful houses, cool playgrounds, a plethora of shopping and restaurants? You should check out the zip code 20016.
- You should also check out my wife’s favorite pizzeria Two Amy’s. A family favorite.
- You can also find the campus of American University here. A place often visited by presidents.
- Charles Glover had at one time had a country home here called Westover that was known for its sweeping views from the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia to the west, down to the Potomac and into the city with the Washington Monument and Capitol in sight.
- To name a few of the neighborhoods here in 20016 are Spring Valley, Wesley Heights, Kent, American University Park, Tenleytown, and Cathedral Heights. As well as parts of Cleveland Park and the Palisades.
How about some real estate? Two Hundred Seventy (270) homes and townhomes sold here in 20016 this past year for an average sales price of $1,559,000 and with an average of thirty-tree (33) days on the market.
The most expense home to sell this past year was here in Spring Valley. The home was built in 2017, is 9,500 sf, has seven (7) bedrooms, five (5) full and one (1) half bath on a 23,000+ sf lot (that’s a half acre) and as you can see is the perfect showpiece and sold for $7,750,000.
And for Condos and Co-Ops. There were two hundred and fifty (250) units that traded this past year for an average sales price of $451K and averaged forty-two (42) days on the market. Not bad a bad value if you ask me.
The highest condominium sale was here in Wesley Heights at the circa 1971 Foxhall. The flat has floor to ceiling windows and wraparound terraces, two (2) bed, two (2) and a half baths, had been converted from a three (3) bedroom unit and has a grand 2,700 sf. It sold for $1,530,000.